Monday 16 November 2015

Girl in England






Hey you, 
Greetings from England. I moved here 2 months ago (actually 9.11.2015 was our two month anniversary). 
I moved here because I got in to the university, University for the Creative arts in Rochester. I have dreamed about this for 2 years and finally my portfolio was good enough. 
I live with amazing family, they are like my second family, my English family. 
I love, I mean LOVE my uni, I have never been this inspired and creative as I am now. The university is not easy, I have days when I can´t sleep, think or eat. You have to be creative almost all the time, that is not easy, especailly when we have 10 projects at the same time. Research books, essays, photoshoots, editing and many more things to do.
I am the oldest in my class, but luckily everyone thinks that I am younger. 
I have got a few good friends. I don´t know, I feel like it is really difficult to get to know new people. Maybe it is because of the language. My English is okay but I am struggling a lot, sometimes is hard to understand different accents and some people just talk too fast. But I am learning something new everyday. 
I got a job after one month, as a sales advisor. Hardest part was learning the coins, I know euros but pounds... I still miss my old workmates, being new employee is never easy.
Everything is still exciting and new.
A lot has happened in a short period of time.

Here I am going to write and show images about my projects at uni, my everyday life.
And I am so sorry about my English, I am still learning and that is why I decided to write in English.

Talk to you soon, xxx LolaMirjam

No comments:

Post a Comment